Monday, July 20, 2009

Avoiding carbs? Quick Dinner Idea.

I tried the Atkins Diet once and didn't even make it to lunch. I cannot survive without carbs...period. But, my husband doesn't seem to share that craving: he's a meat and veggies kinda guy - especially after 6pm. So, I just thought I'd share a quick meal I whipped up for him, just 'cause it was so pretty I decided to take a picture.

I seared a ribeye steak on a grill pan (we don't own a real grill, unfortunately), and broiled it the rest of the way in the oven. Then, topped it with some sauteed yellow onions that I carmelized with just some olive oil, salt and pepper. Add a side of heirloom tomatoes with some olive oil, salt/pepper, fresh basil and shaved parmesan cheese, and voila! Low-carb dinner is served. Add a glass of Miner Merlot, and it's truly bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment