Monday, July 20, 2009

Triple Berry Cobbler

My favorite thing to bake is pie. But, I also love a good apple-crisp style dessert. So, I merged a couple recipes together to make this "Triple Berry Cobbler". Substitute whatever berries you like. If I owned a cherry-pitter, I would have used fresh cherries for sure!

Ingredients:
1 pint (2 small containers) of fresh blackberries
1 pint (2 small containers) of fresh raspberries
1 pint (2 small containers) of fresh blueberries
2-3 tbsp. white sugar
1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/3 cup rolled oats
1 cup packed brown sugar

3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 cup butter


Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
2. In a large bowl (or, I suppose a large Ziplock bag would work too), gently toss all the berries with the white sugar and set aside.
3. In a separate large bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Cut in butter slices until crumbly (I just smoosh the mix around with my hands to break up the butter pieces.)
4. Press half the mixture in the bottom of a 9-inch pie pan (you may want to spray it with cooking spray - but, I didn't), cover the base with the sugared berries, then sprinkle the remaining crumble mixture evenly over the berries.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 30-40 minutes, or until fruit is bubbling through the crumble mixture, and the top is slightly browned.
6. If baking ahead of time, serve slightly warmed with a good vanilla bean ice-cream or Cool Whip. Mmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment